Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Auction


From time to time auction houses try to sell items from famous writers: newly-discovered manuscripts, personal items, awards, galley proofs, letters. I suppose some family member sees this as an opportunity to make money from the deceased.

However, since I am neither famous, nor do I have family who would try to make money from my artifacts (since my estate is not worth anything, either), I have decided to put my writing life up for auction now. I'm going to shed myself of some of my writing artifacts. And you can help. Just make a bid on any of the items you'll see on the forthcoming blogs and you could be the proud owner of a small piece of my history.

Tell all your friends. Auction begins Monday night (January 17), with photographs and description of items taken from my great treasure trove of writer memorabilia. These are actual items I have used. And you can OWN 'EM.

I hope you'll enjoy this journey down memory lane as we dig into my closets, filing cabinets, and who knows--maybe even into the wild and wacky world of the bedroom! You won't want to miss these "for sale" items that could become a permant part of your household. Many of my items are suitable for framing, while others will only get me framed . . . but I thank you for helping a poor unknown earn a living.

God bless you. See you at the auction house late Monday night. Dollar-dollar-dollar-dollar-dollar---do I hear two-two-two-two!!!!

No comments: