Thursday, January 6, 2011

The 6000 Hits


Yesterday I noted that this blog has now had 6000 visitors or "hits". Is that significant? Does it matter? What the heck is a "hit" anyway? My brother used to hit me. People takes "hits" of Tequila. Boxers hit each other. Why all this "hitting"?

Six thousand. 6000!?

I feel like I've been punched in the gut. Where have they come from? Who are they? Where do they go after they "hit" me? Can I hit back? How hard can I hit? Can I take a hit of Jim Beam while others are hitting me here?

6000 hits? Pete Rose didn't have 6000 hits. Mark McGuire didn't take 6000 hits of testosterone. "Shoeless" Joe Jackson didn't take $6000 to throw a game.

6000 hits? I'm gonna tell my momma: "Somebody hit me!" My dad will tell me not to take a hit. "Hit 'em back," he'll say. "Protect yourself."

6000 hits? Should I be satisfied with these hits? Should I hire someone to get me more hits? Should I find a hit expert? Is there a hit agent?

Does 6000 mean this blog is a "hit"?

No comments: