Thursday, May 1, 2008

Good to the Last Dropping

I finished a reading/skimming of the book, The Gospel According to Starbucks, by Leonard Sweet. Given the fact that I like Starbucks coffee, I was intrigued, but this book just didn't have enough caffeine to keep me awake and engaged. Better to get the real thing.

Sweet really stretched to make some connections between Starbucks and the gospel. About the only fascinating story was the history behind Kopi Luwak coffee (made from the world's most expensive bean). It seems these coffee beans are gathered up in rain forests in Indonesia after they have been eaten and defecated by the luwak--a foxlike creature that feasts on the choisest coffee cherries, but can't digest the beans.

Anyway, you get the picture.

Too bad we don't have any luwaks around here. I could be getting my coffee for free for the price of a "pooper scooper".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a very original thought, Todd.

Kudos on the title, though.

Michelle Kallock Knight said...

I know my dog's behavior is what really inspired this blog and not Sweet's horrible book about coffee and the church!