Thursday, April 3, 2014

To Singapore

Every now and again I receive requests from editors abroad wishing to reprint my work.  One such request arrived last week from Singapore. 

When these requests for permissions do come my way, I am always happy to oblige.  Heck, the more the merrier . . . even if the work has to be translated.  In this instance the request was a surprising one:  a permission to reprint one of my poems.  (I've written hundreds, so I always have to ask "which one".)

The poem in question, I learned, has already appeared in many other publications, and the request comes on the heels of the release of my first poetry collection:  Where in the World We Meet (Chatter House Press).  I'll blog about this new book next week, by the way . . .

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy a foray abroad to the beautiful land of Singapore . . . courtesy of the publishing world and the growing number of connections I am making with editors on other continents.  (Thank you, Grace.)

As for the poem in question, it didn't make it into Where in the World We Meet (now available on Amazon and at Barnes & Noble), but I will have to add it to my list of other published work for my next collection . . .

Until then . . . God speed.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good deal, Todd. Keep up the good work.