Thursday, March 27, 2014

Goals

Important to have goals.  I set goals every year:  marks I will measure and set out to achieve.  Some of these goals are lofty and very likely unreachable, while others are benchmarks that prop up other goals.

At the beginning of the year I had set a goal to have 150 essays and/or stories published by year end.  I am making progress, but I will have to pick up the pace in order to achieve that benchmark.  To date:  19 essays in three months.  (And this doesn't include guest blog posts that I have written for other bloggers.)

More recently I have undertaken pursuit of another goal:  losing the ten pounds of winter weight I seem to pack on every year between Thanksgiving and New Year.  All of that pie and cake and ice cream and heaping bowls of spaghetti tasted great during those twenty-below evenings, but now it's time to shed it.  I feel like a bear coming out of hibernation.

Three months into 2014 those goals loom large.  

I will soon be tightening my belt another notch (or two) and will be looking to discover new ways to write smarter and faster.  And as I think about it--perhaps the two are inter-related. 

 

1 comment:

The Methodist Church in Singapore said...

Dear Todd,

My name is Grace Toh and I am the Assistant Editor of Methodist Message, the official monthly publication of The Methodist Church in Singapore (http://message.methodist.org.sg/)

I had left a comment on one of your posts yesterday, trying to get in touch with you, but as the post was from 2011, you may not have seen it.

We had come across your Aldersgate Poem here (http://toddoutcalt.blogspot.com/2011/05/aldersgate-poem.html) and would like to ask permission to reprint it in our May issue, which will carry articles commemorating John Wesley's heart-warming experience at Aldersgate Street.

Please let us know how we can go about this - contact me at grace.toh@methodist.org.sg

I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Grace Toh