Thursday, July 7, 2011

My 1000th Blog!

Doesn't seem possible, but this is the 1000th blog for Between Pages . . . this little experiment in humor centered on my reading and writing habits.  Through the years people have asked about Between Pages, wondering if it is intended to be devotional (it's not!), or insightful (no!), or helpful (not unless you need a laugh!).  No . . . this blog is  about my weird and wacky side. Or, for the people who REALLY know me . . . it's just me writing humor about my reading and writing.

This is also my last blog for a few days (but read on, and I'll explain).

I do have a few insights, however, about writing 1000 blog entries.  Here they are:

If I wrote an average of 250 words per blog, I've written 250,000 words just on this blog alone.  That's a quarter of a million words, folks!  For anyone wondering how you write a book . . . this is the way.  One day at a time.  I've written what could be three to four BIG books through this blog alone.  Write every day (yes, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!) and you'll produce at least one book a year guaranteed!  Write 2 pages a day, you have two books . . . three pages, three books, etc.  Do the math.  I probably write 8-10 books a year, and this is how I do it.

I'm amazed by who reads this weird blog.  In a couple of weeks I'll be doing a podcast interview because a producer read one of my wild entries about my marriage and wants to find out how much of my marriage is true.  (Answer:  all of it, but who would want to live it?)

No, my wife doesn't read this blog.  No one in my family does.  They live this blog, and they don't want to be reminded that I read and write every day and that, even on my good days, I press the boundaries of sickness and sanity.  My wife seems to appreciate my romantic poetry, however . . . and this is usually how I entice her to go to bed with me.  It works twice a year.  My kids walk away in disgust whenever I tell them, "Daddy can't play right now, I have to write."  Actually . . . both of my kids write, too . . . and some day I hope we can write something together.  They have suggested working on my Last Will & Testament.

Finally, I'm glad I reached this 1000th blog today. I leave this afternoon for 10 days of R & R in the great Northwest.  Look for my next blog entry by, or around, July 19th!  I think I've earned a break from this blog for a few days and my wife really needs my advances and my attention.  I hope you'll understand.  She says she can't wait . . . to read my poems.

Oh, and sincerely . . . THANKS FOR READING!!!!!

No comments: