Monday, July 4, 2011

Arm Chair Reader

I spent the better part of the morning of the 4th reading . . . and by afternoon in the Lazy-Boy, I had fallen asleep.  That's what happens when one stays up until 1 a.m. playing the board game: Clue.  I won the last game: it was Miss Scarlet, with the Knife, in the Lounge.

It's tough going these days in the reading department. I tend to fall asleep very easily now.  I even fall asleep when I am home alone with Becky.  I look at her and nod off.  Perhaps I need Geritol.

During these final days before vacation, I do have my Kindle loaded and I'm looking forward to taking it along on the long flight west.  But if the flight attendant hands me a bag of pretzels or some type of complex carb, I may not be able to read past the first chapter before I fall asleep.

One thing for sure, I'm not carting around any works by Washington Irving.  Especially not "Rip Van Winkle."

I'll need a lot of coffee to get a book read on this vacation. 

No comments: