Sunday, July 31, 2011

Funny Thing About a Blog

Now that I've surpassed the 1000 blog entry mark for "Between Pages", I thought a retrospective might be in order. As quirky as this blog is (you do think it's quirky, don't you?) the audience I've built through the years and the oddities of the readership is even quirkier.

For example, of all of the blog entries I've written, the one that has generated the most unique "hits" or "visits" is one dated November 13, 2007  . . . one of my earliest.  It's a brief blog posting about writing a sick note for my son.  You can read it in the archives here.  Nearly 300 people have read this unique blog.  Why, I don't know.  Are other folks out there as sick as I am?

Another quirky feature is tracking the readership.  Naturally, most of my audience comes from the U.S.  Well over 90%.  But I actually have a rather well-established readership in the Netherlands, too.  (Why, I'll never know . . . but thanks, people of the Netherlands, for reading this man's humor.)

Other nations that seem hell-bent on reading "Between Pages" are, in descending order:  Russia, South Korea, Great Britain and France.  It's a small world after all . . . and I can't get this song out of my head.

Anyone who reads "Between Pages" with any regularity will, I hope, also figure out that this is meant to be a HUMOROUS blog about my reading and writing habits, with much personal narrative and family fun thrown in, particularly as I relate to my wife.  She, of course, doesn't read this blog (what wife would?).  Folks looking for inspiration or insights or sanity best visit another blog.  That's why my wife leaves me at home and reads other books.  She doesn't read what I create.  She already knows I'm a loser.

No, this blog doesn't contain the secret of life or offer up guru-like advice on literature or writing, but it might provide a chuckle.  And that's enough for me.

So . . . keep reading "Between Pages".  I'll keep writing.  And until we read again . . . .

No comments: