Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tired But Energized

I'm in an odd writing situation currently (more on this later) . . . .
But in the past four days I've written a whopping fifty pages of material in an attempt to meet an internal deadline (and perhaps an actual deadline) that I've placed out there on the horizon. As I write this blog on Sunday afternoon around 6 p.m., I am preparing to go to the youth white elephant gift exchange . . . and I need a break.

My eyes are actually watering (no, I'm not crying because I am listening to my wife's Perry Como Christmas CD) because I've been staring at Old Sparky's screen for hours on end, trying to keep the old machine going through one more book before the whole shebang goes up in smoke.

I've been saying, "One more book" for many years now, and Old Sparky has yet to let me down. I'm tired, but energized. Another hundred pages and I've whipped out another tome!

No comments: