Tuesday, August 31, 2010

October, 1960


Last week, in the rare bookstore, I also purchased a 1960 Methodist Discipline to go with my small, but growing collection of other Disciplines. Why a 1960 edition? I thought having a copy from my birth year would be important.

A lot of important developments back in October of 1960. I was born. The 1960 Discipline was published. And The Andy Griffith Show premiered the week I came into this world. I was naked at the time, but as I grew into my clothes I also grew to enjoy the show, and it's been a part of my life ever since.

And speaking of The AG Show . . . I'm going to offer another Andy Griffith Show Bible Study in October. Three great weeks of Andy, Barney, Goober, and Earnest T. Bass. And while I'm at it, I hope you might enjoy a few of my favorite quotes. Write me if you can identify the characters associated with each quote:

Short cut will only get us into trouble I said to myself . . . but would I listen to myself? No!

I lived with a possum and a raccoon. That's where I learned to wash my food before'st I eats it!

Nip it! Nip it in the bud! You talk to any child psychologist and every single one of them will tell you they're in favor of bud-nippin!

Fiddledy-sticks!

No comments: