Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Wanna Buy On eBay?

One fascinating book that I read this year was Hemant Mehta's, I Sold My Soul on eBay. It's the true account of an atheist who literally put his soul up for auction on the illustrious web site. The high bidder won Mehta's soul, or, at least got to give him instructions on how he could save his soul and where he needed to attend church. Mehta's account offers his insights into the churches he visited and the people he talked to about all things religious. In the end, not even the best and brightest churches in America could convince him of the reality of God.

But reading Mehta's account of his eBay experience awakened my own curiosity in what I could sell on eBay. Here are a few of the more bizarre, yet very real items, I have in my possession that people might actually be interested in buying. Stranger purchases have been made!

* 1983 Jose Canseco minor league (pre-rookie) baseball card autographed by Jose himself in pre-steroid black marker.
* A palm pilot that needs a new battery.
* Photos of my last place finish in a 2001 body-building competition (no steroids or body hair).
* A large collection of men's after-shave lotions, many dating back to the late 1970s.
* Dinosaur poop.
* Five pounds of ground chuck.
* A weight set I purchased in 1975 and used to create my awesome gut.
* Three broken billiard cues (which my son has destroyed).
* Toenail clippings from last Saturday.

No comments: