Friday, December 7, 2007

Letters

Pastors write many letters. In 2007 I was asked to write three letters of recommendation for people being considered for the Sagamore of the Wabash--Indiana's highest award. I was honored to do this (really!). In case there are others out there who cherish my good words to the governor, please consider the following. (I've changed most of the details and deleted all the names for the sake of privacy.)

Dear Gov. Daniels,
How are things in Carmel? Do much bass fishing up there? I've got two kayaks and a couple of reels if you ever want to chum around on Eagle Creek. Give me a call.
Anyway...I'm writing in hope that you will give the Sagamore of the Wabash to ________. He's a swell egg and an old friend of mine. Great guy. He deserves it.
Take care, buddy,
Todd O.

Dear Mitch,
You are still my man. I'm writing to ask that you consider __________ for a Sagamore of the Wabash. She's _________ wife. You gave him the award last month, and I think they should have a matching set over their mantle. These awards would look mighty fine with their decor, believe me. They've got one of those singing basses, too!
Sincerely,
T. O.
P.S. I live on White Lick creek in Brownsburg. Have you ever considered starting up a Sagamore of the White Lick? Not everyone gets over toward Terre Haute to see the moonlight on that water. Just a thought.

No comments: