Friday, October 25, 2013

Writing from Guatemala

No doubt we've all heard the expression:  "It's a small world."  And when it comes to communication, that is certainly the case.

For the last 11 days I've been in Guatemala:  serving through Mission Guatemala (building chicken coops, helping children, meeting locals, building friendships).  But I also was able to check my emails from any of dozens of "internet cafes" in Panajachel, a town of 10,000.  And I also wrote two magazine articles while in Guatemala.

Some of my more exotic experiences during my free days included getting my hair cut from a Guatemalan barber, working out two days in a top-floor gym, and trying to talk to people I met on the street as I interacted with locals. 

All in all, a beautiful experience and an astounding land filled with warm and gracious people.  I hope to return.

Many thanks to Tom and David and the entire Mission Guatemala staff for their expertise and good work.
~Todd Outcalt

 

No comments: