Thursday, June 17, 2010

Interviewing With the Stars


A few hours ago I completed a television interview via Skype . . . the new (now rather old) free service that allows people to talk and view each other live via satellite. In lieu of travelling to Pittsburg for this interview, I sat at home in my underwear (wearing a dress shirt and sport coat up top) and chatted away with the show's host, James, about my newest book (which is now an old book). Being able to do a television interview in my underwear is a great bonus for me.

Afterwards, Becky and Logan were standing in the kitchen with some guacamole and chips.

"How did the interview go?" Becky asked.

"Okay," I said. "I hope I didn't sound like an idiot."

"Well," Logan answered, "you look like one! What was the name of the television show?"

"I don't know," I said.

"Who's going to see it?" he asked. "Was it live?"

"It was live. I don't know who will see it. Whoever watches that network, I guess," I said.

Eventually I was able to hang the shirt and tie back in the closet and eat some chips at my old computer, which doesn't, by the way, have a camera. Thank God. Now and I can write in peace and not have to worry about what I'm wearing.

No comments: